The ambitious redevelopment plans to transform MACPool into a Health and Well being Community Hub received a huge boost this week with the news that the National Lottery Community Fund have awarded a grant of £700K to the project. This comes in addition to the grant of £400K from the Regeneration Capital Grant Fund awarded in February and £95K from the Robertson Trust. These three funders have between them provided MACPool with 90% of the Capital Build cost of the project, with applications for the remaining 10% well advanced. That means plans are full steam ahead to brief architects and move the project ahead without further delay!
This exciting news means that MACPool’s plans to provide:
- A welcoming and fully accessible community space and café
- Softplay facilities for younger children
- A modern and fully accessible shower and changing area for a wide range of users (including a Changing Place)
- Multi purpose activities and therapy spaces for community and business use
are one big step nearer to realisation with building work planned to start in January 2021
Kim Ritchie, Chair of MACPool Board said “This is such exciting news, not just for MACPool but for the entire community of Mid Argyll. We are so grateful to the National Lottery Community Fund, the Regeneration Capital grant fund – and to Argyll and Bute Council who sponsored our application – and to the Robertson Trust for this major investment in our future. We can’t wait to get started!”
The Capital Build cost is not the whole story however, and funding applications still need to be submitted for fit out and revenue costs – although £50K of these have already been secured from the Coop Communities fund and FCC Scottish Action Fund. It wouldn’t be a Community Pool without the opportunity for members of the Community to contribute so watch this space to see how you can be involved in building the future of your pool!